BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

GDL COOR{3} with PLACEGROUP command

concepsys
Booster

Hello,

I am creating a geometry by creating a GROUP.

Inside this group I have for..next loop that CALLs a geometry.

I want to apply a texture over this construction, but I can't. No matter what I try the texture (that I placed in the beginning of the GROUP is still and won’t change.

I tried using COOR{3} inside the group (between GROUP and ENDGROUP commands)

I tried after ENDGROUP command

I tried after PLACEGROUP command

but cant control the texture.

How can I solve this?

(By the way, I am working in Archicad 22 to make sure they become compatible with all later Archicad/GDL versions. Could this be a problem that has been solved on a later version?).

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
concepsys
Booster

Sorry for my late reply. I hat to deal with other projects and only yesterday got back to this one.

I'd like to thank all the help that I got on this theme, specially from @runxel that took a lot of his time to help me with valid yet more complex solution. Your GDL knowledge is very impressive and if you don't mind I may bother you again in the future.

I marked Péter Baksa's post as the solution because in fact, althoug my inital question was itself more complicated than needed, his solution was the one that I ended up using, just because it was an easy solution for my actual problem, allowing to keep the project centralized in a file that calls simple macros and allows an easier way to manage diferent unique randomly shaded elements through different composition geometries. The result was great!

Again, Thank you all.

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!