GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL: GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO

Lingwisyer
Guru

Please correct the GDL Reference Guide; GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO[1] returns the zzyzx minus the cutplane height, not the cutplane height itself.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4 REPLIES 4
BPETER
Participant

Agreed.

Did a small object that shows the FPCP height in floor plane, i resolve this issue by adding the object elevation - GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO[1] + GLOB_ELEVATION

Use  + GLOB_CSTORY_ELEV - GLOB_HSTORY_ELEV. This will give you the height from the FPCP of your current story, rather than is being static to the objects zzyzx value.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/GLOB-CUTPLANES-INFO-1-inconsistency/m-p/304361#M154...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

It`s working okay, i used it to display the FPCP value of a floorplan, so its need to be a static value that is not influenced by the objects elevation (object is just there to show the value in floorplan-  like a label). Adding them together made it work properly, but i will do some test with your suggestion.

Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

You meant the object's placement height? ZZYZX is the object's height, that is not related to it.

The placement height is the origin of GDL objects, GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO is relative to that.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!