BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL XML Addon Bugs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing a couple of File Dialog bugs when inputing data to GDL Objects via the GDL XML Addon. I figured the developer community is more likely to have experienced these issues.

OSX Bug
On OSX 10.6.8 AC14, the following line opens the file dialogue but does not enable the "Open" button even though the XML file is in the Folder. Only the "Cancel" button is enabled.

XmlFilename = ImportData.xml
channel = OPEN ("XML", XmlFilename, "rd")

channel = OPEN ("XML", XmlFilename, "r") , with only the 'r' flag, does not return the file regardless of what directory it has been placed in. That iss, root directory, user home directory, user Documents directory or Archicad Data folder.

Win XP 32bit Bug
On WinXP, the 'd' flag does not trigger a File Dialog and the OPEN function returns -1.

channel = OPEN ("XML", XmlFilename, "r") , with only the 'r' flag, searches the users "My Documents" folder and returns the XML file for parsing.

Once the XML file has been opened on WIN XP it can be parsed without an issue.

I'd really like the user to locate the folder containing the XML files. Has anybody experienced these issues and are there any fixes or work arounds?

Regards,

Nicholas
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not using it in a mixed os environment, so the workflow I am using is to have a full filepath to the XML file. It use to work to just put it in the project library, but with Teamwork 2 it is easier to just link directly to the file with the full filepath.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Michael,

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, on OSX 10.6, the full pathname command does not return the file for parsing.

/Users/MacUserName/Documents/ProjectDataTest.xml
File Does Not Exist
User break
at line 59 in the Master script of file XML_Parsing.gsm. (System error -1)

The file permissions are OK, so no issues there. So for OSX I will have to convert the XML into plain text outside ArchiCAD.

Does anyone know if the file format of the OSX disk have an effect on weather an XML file can be opened? For example, would "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" prevent the GDL XML Add-on from finding the file?

Regards,

Nicholas
Learn and get certified!