GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL help: How to get rid of auto scripted(?) 3D hotspot?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Hi,

I have a street lamp pole with foundation which I've created quick&dirty by modelling and saving as 3D...however I want to have only one 3D hotspot on top of the foundation so I added a HOTSPOT 0,0,[height of foundation] which works fine but there is also a hotspot at 0,0,0 that I don't know how to get rid of!? I checked all the auto genereated code and there is no hotspot except the one aiI added... I have unchecked 3D hotspots in 2D.

/M

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

Already placed objects won't be updated if you change a parameter.

One offender surely is AC_show2DHotspotsIn3D, as this parameter is always on when saving an object from plan/3D. However this only shows Hotspots at the base I think.

There is also an option called "Automatic Hotspots", hidden inside the "compatibility options" dialog in the detail tab in the GDL editor, which is also set when saving GDL objects from plan.

In any case normally the automatic hotspots go away as soon there is at least one hotspot being defined in the script...

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I don't know why but I didn't manage to save the object correctly. It kept AC_show2DHotspotsIn3D as on...now I 've fixed it. I think I had to many versions. Sorry for inconvenience.

AC 25 SWE Full

Don't worry, Mats!

Again: if you change a parameter inside the GDL-editor this change won't propagate into the already placed objects. Sometimes this leaves the object in an invalid state, even. And since this parameter is hidden with the red "X" you also can't change it in a placed object (not even through an Interactive Schedule, since you can't add red-crossed parameters into them).

Ofc you could deselect the red X and so on blah blah – but the shortest way is to select the placed object and hit "Reset to Default Settings".

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Yes I know. I was a bit sloppy with my objects all over the place...work in progress on teamwork, local and embedded. Always a dumb idea to stress things. We're preparing a new landscape template in teamwork at the same time as we're doning the internal education and need to save out tpl's. Kind of hectic but fun.

AC 25 SWE Full