GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE

DGSketcher
Legend
I have a 3D object that I want to display using the Schedule Preview options.

The problem: I can't see a connection between GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE and GLOB_VIEW_TYPE that allows me to apply different cut planes to my model according to Front View (no cut), Section Preview (vertical cut), Plan Preview (horizontal cut) ?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi DGSketcher,

There isn't one. In listing GLOB_VIEW_TYPE = 9, so the previews show the exact geometry that is used to calulate other fields.
Plan preview is the 2d model from the 2d script.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
DGSketcher
Legend
Thank you for the response Peter, I can see what I am doing wrong now. I have been relying on the 3D model and using Project2{3} with Cutplanes in the 3D script to provide the required 2D plan view in the drawing and preview. This works as planned in drawings but it means the cut plan preview also cut the front preview. I will try replacing Project2{3} with Project2{4} which has it's own cut planes and removes the need to have cuts in the 3D script...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher
Legend
So it appears the Schedule 2D Plan Preview doesn't play nice with Project 2{4}. I have a reworked 2D script which is displaying as expected on floor plan and in the dialog previews, but fails in the Schedule. As the object dialog can display the 2D view correctly is this a bug ?

The GDL object is broken into parts by material and Project2 is used to create and render each material cut separately with a loop. It looks like the Schedule image is only rendering selected parts of the object e.g. the rotated Prism facings are missing, the geometry has been simplified and is only using the last looped cut fill & pen setting to render the view.
DGSketcher
Legend
So having played with this some more I found the missing linings (user coding error #1), and the appearance in the schedule wasn't a Project2{4} problem, it was mis applied logic relating to GLOB_VIEW_TYPE allowing everything to appear if it wasn't a "2D" view which I now know doesn't include the schedule 2D Plan Preview (user coding error #2).

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!