Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Server - API access

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to access GRAPHISOFT BIM Server with some kind of custom made API?
For example via SOAP or REST protocol.

Thanks,
Sebastjan
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have talked to a couple of guys at GS and they said:

The client is very heavy, so the protocol used to access it is not the
issue. Making sense of the data and keeping it integral is the
challenge and that is very much the task of the client, not the server.
Any API would have to incorporate most of ArchiCAD to be able to
communicate with the BIM Server.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ideally I would like to get an IFC output file from server, which will be then displayed on "smart" mobile device in form of Augmented reality.

Is there a way to get an IFC file from server?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My understanding is that the IFC file would have to be generated from the client, which is ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it is possible to connect multiple users with Archicad server, and then manually generate IFC file on one of the clients (ArchiCad). I would just like to automate the process (directly connect BIM server with mobile App), so that mobile app would always have an up to date model.

Because, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words I attached a scheme of a system I am trying to make.
I am mainly working on middle ware, which could connect directly to server monitor any kind of update, get an IFC file, transform it to file format appropriate for display with Augmented reality application Layar or Junaio.

It would also be OK, if I could just get an .obj file from server because I only need geometry of final structure.
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
After the release of the next version you will be able to create your “middleware” software employing the Graphisoft ArchiCAD API. You will be able to create an Add-on for ArchiCAD 16 that can access geometric and IFC data. Until that time I don’t believe there is any other option for you to create the middleware.
Graphisoft Technical Support