GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GS door: glass fill

Bruce
Expert
How does the Graphisoft door set a different section cut fill from the leaf? I've looked at the code, and as far as I can tell, it uses the exact same fill (gs_fillLeaf), but when you cut a section, the glass fill can't be set, and doesn't clean up with the leaf.

This is the code I found in the macro DoorLeafPanels
!! GLAZING !!

pen gs_glass_pen
sect_fill gs_fillLeaf, gs_penLeaf_bg, gs_penLeaf_fg, gs_glass_pen_cont
material gs_glass_mat
addz c/2-gs_glass_thk/2
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Bruce,

The trick is in the prism_ we use to model the glass, it uses status code 5, which creates a hollow body.

What do you mean on "doesn't clean up with the leaf"? That the uncut surface of the leaf is visible behind the glass?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Peter - I missed that in the code.

See image below for what I mean by 'cleaning up.'
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
That might be a different door I was trying, this clearly is a cut solid. Which door is it and which panel type? Which AC version?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Bruce
Expert
Sorry - that's one I'm coding. I'm trying to match the GS parameters for scheduling and coding consistency...but couldn't find where the glass fill was set.

Now I know it's done with a status code in the prism command, I know what strategy to employ in my custom leaf.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Nader Belal
Mentor
If you have used SEO in your object, don't forget to include the BODY -1
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.