Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Get Total Height (Not Nominal Height) of Beam using the API

Eshanta
Contributor

I am trying to get the total height of Beam (Nominal height + the thickness of Beam Covers) using the API in C++.

I have a beam with 25mm cover on each sides.

Eshanta_0-1641431352136.png

The nominal height and width as displayed on the settings dialog is 350mm, however, the total height and width i.e. height and width including the cover is 350+25+25=400mm.

I am currently using ACAPI_Element_GetMemo to get the element memo, and then using
"elementmemo->beamSegments[index].assemblySegmentData.nominalHeight" to get the nominal height.
It is extracting the nominal height correctly i.e.350mm.

However, I want to get either the cover thickness or the total height/width using the API. When I move my mouse over the same beam element, it shows the total height and width (i.e. 400 mm).

Eshanta_1-1641431614810.png

Is there any way to get the cover thickness or the total height/width using the API?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Eshanta,

Sorry, my bad. 😥 

Please take a look at the Do_ModifyProfileParameter() function in Element_Test, that should give you an idea.

Best, Akos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Eshanta,

Please add the venThick (veneer thickness) of the segment to the nominal width/height.

Best, Akos

Hi Akos,

Thank you for your reply.

Apparently, venThick is available only in the case of columns. 
I need the cover thickness for the case of beams.

Regards,
Eshanta

Solution

Hi Eshanta,

Sorry, my bad. 😥 

Please take a look at the Do_ModifyProfileParameter() function in Element_Test, that should give you an idea.

Best, Akos