Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Get parameters of the GLOBALL GDL object.

ufoname
Newcomer
Hello, do not tell me how to get the parameters of the global GDL object.
Or how to get it GUID and INDEX (further with parameters I think I will understand as with usual GDL)
This object is created and loaded in the library it is present in the view parameters, by means of Archicad I can only learn some GUID pair {0731FA34-C21E-4B47-9F0F-E71912128886} - {FF5231F5-3E29-48FC-BAF7-81856675376A} of the library element, although I doubt that it will be useful to find the placed element in the view parameters.
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Sorry, could you clarify what you mean by "global GDL object"?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's global. I plan to use to get the parameters instead of the ini file.

p.s. ufoname it's me but from home.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
There's a workaround for that – because GDL objects can read these values, you can use one to extract the parameters for you. Write a script that will copy the parameters you need into its own parameters when a certain parameter is set. Then the object should reset that parameter.

The add-on can set the parameter and cause the script to run without placing it in the model, and then extract the copied parameters. Take a look at the documentation for APIAny_OpenParametersID and APIAny_ChangeAParameterID.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
The add-on can set the parameter and cause the script to run without placing it in the model, and then extract the copied parameters
Thanks Ralph Wessel. It worked. Although I did not quite understand what you meant about manipulating a certain parameter, it's obvious it's just for checking that the creaking in the GDL worked.
The main thing though is that you can not place the object and the script works directly from the library.
During the experiments it was found out that in gdl it is possible to force to work all with one library element, the main thing to use in a GDL script LIBRARYGLOBAL PARAMETERS. But, just in case, I made 2 elements to escape any recursive ones.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!