GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Hotspot, default selection point for library parts

MichaelaR
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Does someone know if there is a way to change the default selection point on a libray part?

I created a custom library part with a 2D Symbol and I added a hotspot in the position where I want to "grab" the object:

2d symbol.png

Now, when I select the object from the library I always have to switch from the default handle (bottom left) to  the handle I created (top middle).

library preview.png

Is there a way to define my handle as the default?

[Archicad 24 6004 GER FULL]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Tested it out because I wanted to now the truth.

What I found out:

The insertion hotspot will be at the lower left corner of the bounding box of the object, if you don't script your own hotspots, or do use the "Fixed Hotspots" option in the compatibility options.

If this option is not used and you script your own hotspots, then the first one which is scripted logically will be the insertion hotspot.

Logically here means, that the script order is observed, and not the position in the script. You can test and verify this with a subroutine.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

Normally the first defined hotspot is the one which is active as the insertion hotspot.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
Djordje
Ace

normally the 0,0,0 is the default insert point, if I remember correctly...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Solution

Tested it out because I wanted to now the truth.

What I found out:

The insertion hotspot will be at the lower left corner of the bounding box of the object, if you don't script your own hotspots, or do use the "Fixed Hotspots" option in the compatibility options.

If this option is not used and you script your own hotspots, then the first one which is scripted logically will be the insertion hotspot.

Logically here means, that the script order is observed, and not the position in the script. You can test and verify this with a subroutine.

unticking the "fixed hotspots" solved the problem, thank you!