GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

How can I retrieve projects' current issue & not using Layout_Revision_History ?

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

Is there a way that I can retrieve Project's current Issue without using or referring to Layout_Revision_History ?

Any possible method is welcomed.

PS:
1. I have tried to use GLOB_ISSUE_SCHEME,but I have failed.
2. Some may propose CURRENTISSUEID / CURRENTISSUEDESCRIPTION and family, but they are Autotexts, and what I need is their values to use in my script.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
The GDL reference guide (PDF) has the following advice...
AUTOTEXT GUIDE
It’s not part of GDL itself. ARCHICAD will substitute all references to autotext fields in whatever GDL output it finds them. For example, if you write <PROJECTSTATUS> in the parameter string of a text2 command, ARCHICAD will nicely replace it with the actual value. All this is invisible to GDL – consequently the size and other attributes of the text are not measurable.
This suggest to me that if you have a hidden string Parameter you could predefine it with <CURRENTISSUEID> and then reference that parameter in your scripts. It's a while since I did any serious GDL so it's just a suggestion that I haven't actually tried.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
I have moved this topic to the new 'GDL Scripting/Library Part Development' section of the forum which is for posts regarding GDL scripting.
The original 'Libraries/Library Parts' section is now just for the use of libraries and objects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
What's the issue with using Layout_Revision_History?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Barry
Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

@DGSketcher
You were right in the reference but not in assumption, as I have found out by trials in past library parts and the one I have in hands, that GDL will not retrieve the values held with Autotext, and that ArchiCAD is the one who will automatically place it's values after the execution of the GDL.

TL;DR
1. ArchiCAD opens GDL.
2. Library part will put Autotext as it is (ie: "<... something ...>") were it's called.
3. ArchiCAD sees Autotext, and change it with its value (ie: no more "<... something ...>", but the value of something).

@Lingwisyer
Ok, I have an ArchiCAD subset of drawings and their ISSUE/REVISION/CHANGE printed out on the drawing schedule, what I need is either:
1. Indicate what was the last change that was suffered by this subset.
2. Indicate project current issue data.

All without using the resource of adding a change to the layout.

The last procedure I tried to use in psuedo-code was like this:
1. if LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY has any rows, continue
2. Hatch Column index = 1
3 For _i = 1 to LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY array length
3.1 Compare LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY ID to autotext "<CURRENTISSUEID>" value, then if true do something.

But it failed
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

any autotext in GDL doesn't have a value, it's just a string "<...>".

Isn't the current issue always the last issue?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!