Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How do I change un-editable object to editable

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I change un-editable object to editable

I want change the position of the un_editable object, so, I want to change un_editable object into editable by using my API (programmatically). Is there is any command to change the object's editable property.

Where is the object saving it's editable condition in the Element (Union) structue.

How the Archicad 9.0 knows the element is editable or not?

Thanking you...

Ranga
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ranga wrote:
Where is the object saving it's editable condition in the Element (Union) structue.
In API_Element, header.lockId locks the element when it has a non-zero value. Be careful though - there are many reasons for an element to be un-editable. For example, if you are in Teamwork any elements not in your workspace will be locked, in which case 'lockId' is the ID of the owner and you will not be able to unlock it. Elements can also be locked because they are on a locked layer, or are in a group with a locked element, etc. The methods for discovering these situations are all different, and it isn't always possible to make an element editable.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanking you for your replay.

My objects are locked by hot-link manager (Module). I want to move the all objects in that group (like initial drag, rotate and mirror). If I use ACAPI_Element_Change function for individual object I am getting APIERR_NOTEDITABLE error. So, I want to move whole group together.

Is there is any function to move the whole group (Module (in the module all the elements are locked and are not editable)).

How do we get the common properties of whole group.

Ranga
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ranga wrote:
My objects are locked by hot-link manager (Module). I want to move the all objects in that group (like initial drag, rotate and mirror). If I use ACAPI_Element_Change function for individual object I am getting APIERR_NOTEDITABLE error. So, I want to move whole group together.
Have you tried setting "Suspend Groups" off?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Ranga wrote:
Have you tried setting "Suspend Groups" off?

Thank You!
I thought I was going to have to scream.