GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

How to Get Master Layout sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I'm looking for measures in order to request the master layout sizes (width, height), when placed on the master layout. Is there a way, to get those values?
Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Not that I am aware of.

You wouldn't normally be placing objects directly on a master layout so there is no reason for them to know the master size.

Why would you want to know the size?
If it it to show the size on the mater itself, just type some text.
You only need to do this once on each master.
You wouldn't normally change the size of a master once it is created - just create a new master.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dominic Wyss
Booster
hi smgyblnt

the simple answer is: no. unfortunately not.

but... drawingtitles are able to read some infos from layout.
take a look at https://www.selfgdl.de/diverses/globale-variablen/globale/ac_layoutrect/
maybe this could help you.

hth Dominic
AC27 CHE - macOS Ventura M1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! Thanks for the fast replies!
I was wondering, whether I could create a simple object for folding marks, in order to be able to fold the plotted plans to A4 sizes. And the aim was just to be able to update the marks (divison number), once the roll size (29, 42, 59,4, etc), or the roll lenght changes, and avoid drawing the marks manually each time a new layout is created (in multiple project files as well).
runxel
Legend
You mean like this one?

Should be easy to add an automatic size deduction from the object's width and height.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Dominic Wyss
Booster
Idea:
- place a dummy-drawing on the layoutmaster with your custom title object set.
- in this titleobject calculate the rect from AC_LAYOUTRECT[] and then call runxel's object.
AC27 CHE - macOS Ventura M1
Barry Kelly
smgyblnt wrote:
Hello! Thanks for the fast replies!
I was wondering, whether I could create a simple object for folding marks, in order to be able to fold the plotted plans to A4 sizes. And the aim was just to be able to update the marks (divison number), once the roll size (29, 42, 59,4, etc), or the roll lenght changes, and avoid drawing the marks manually each time a new layout is created (in multiple project files as well).

Are you adjusting your master size every time you want an new page size?

If so there is no need.
Set up a master for each page size - I also do one for portrait and landscape.
So if you need 3 different page sizes, you will have 3 masters (or 6 if you go portrait/landscape).

Now you add the fold marks to the master and that is it - job done.

Now when you set your layouts up, you just choose the master (and hence page size and orientation) that you want to use.
And it already has the fold marks.
If you need to change the page size, just swap the mater for that layout.

So now, as you are not adjusting the master size, you do not need to adjust the fold marks.
Set and forget.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11