Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How to get the mesh information from Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am a beginner for developing archicad 3D converter. My wonder is how to get the mesh information from Archicad. Besides, how about the transformation matrix? And how can I triangulate the polygons gotten from the body stucture?

I have a glimpse at the api document, but found little about what I metioned above. ; (

Could you please give me some hints?
13 REPLIES 13
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Yi wrote:
Thanks for your info. I have the same question here, wanting to get triangles from polygons with Archicad API. Just curious is there any ways to do the conversion easily? For example, anyone tried using Libtess2 for it?
Yes, you can use a 3rd-party library. Alternatively, first use ACAPI_3D_DecomposePgon to break faces into simpler convex polygons. It's very simple to produce a list of triangles from these faces.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Yi wrote:
Thanks for your info. I have the same question here, wanting to get triangles from polygons with Archicad API. Just curious is there any ways to do the conversion easily? For example, anyone tried using Libtess2 for it?
Yes, you can use a 3rd-party library. Alternatively, first use ACAPI_3D_DecomposePgon to break faces into simpler convex polygons. It's very simple to produce a list of triangles from these faces.
Thank you!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
I should add that if you're using ModelerAPI (generally recommended) then call ModelerAPI::Polygon::GetConvexPolygon
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
I should add that if you're using ModelerAPI (generally recommended) then call ModelerAPI::Polygon::GetConvexPolygon
Thanks for reply.