GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

How to make GDL objects automatically cut by walls, beams, columns and slabs

Sonne26
Participant

In GDL,   is there a method to automatically cut the GDL object like the AC native component?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Nope, not possible.

Depending on the scripting an object can take part in line elimination, but thats it.

Sadly they can't take part in a merge (only possible to merge something to roofs, shells, or morphs).

So I see no possibility at the moment to let an object take part in priority based bmat connections.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Nope, not possible.

Depending on the scripting an object can take part in line elimination, but thats it.

Sadly they can't take part in a merge (only possible to merge something to roofs, shells, or morphs).

So I see no possibility at the moment to let an object take part in priority based bmat connections.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
RandyC
Advocate

No automatic way but you can convert the object to morph - then make your cuts 

and resave as object if you want.

ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9