Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How to make the .apx file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

Im new in the Archicad development sphere and I have a lot of questions, so I hope this is the right place?

Recently I installed Visual C++ 2005 and I tried to run the Panel_test examples in the Graphisoft folder. When I Build it, i get a .sln file but what am I supposed to do with this?
If the add-on file have to be an .apx file, i guess that i have to convert it somehow, or am i completely wrong on it???
Is that where the AddonAdmin comes in handy?

I hope it makes sense, and that you guys have time to help me

regards
Mads
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Mads wrote:
Recently I installed Visual C++ 2005 and I tried to run the Panel_test examples in the Graphisoft folder. When I Build it, i get a .sln file but what am I supposed to do with this?
If the add-on file have to be an .apx file, i guess that i have to convert it somehow, or am i completely wrong on it???
Is that where the AddonAdmin comes in handy?
If you don't know what a Visual Studio .sln file is, I think you need to invest in books or classes to at least know the basics of C/C++ development. I think you have an almost impossibly steep learning curve ahead of you otherwise.

I'm not intending to be harsh or unhelpful in saying this. If you stumble at this early stage, I think you stand to waste many fruitless days in complete frustration.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm well.. thats fair enough, i have never really used Visual studio so i might should do some reading about it.

I all ready have been doing a few frustrating days 😉

I hoped to learn step by step, by the example that i hoped would work, without to much complication... so that i could go strictly to the coding and concentrate about what i actually wish
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Mads wrote:
I hoped to learn step by step, by the example that i hoped would work, without to much complication... so that i could go strictly to the coding and concentrate about what i actually wish
Building the example projects is the easy part - it doesn't get easier after that. If you work through some simple C/C++ projects from a book or online resource that help you get started, you will find it much easier to progress with the API.
Ralph Wessel BArch