Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How to reach an Add-On included into the Archicad Installation with the Archicad API

SzokeFerenc
Booster

Hello Everyone!

The first question is: Is it possible to reach an add-on included in the Archicad installation through the API?

My goal is to make the Rhino-Out Add-On do some export. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it, would be good to know if it is worth trying.

I read the Communication Manager chapter in the API Reference, where I found this:

"The parameters should be listed in the public header file of the add-on."

And this:

"It is absolutely necessary to provide developer documentation for each add-on which publishes its interface. This document should give details what the functionality of the entry point is, what parameters can be passed, how they are interpreted and what return vales are provided.

By default put this document into the same folder where your add-on is installed."

The second question is: Are the above mentioned necessary documentations public/available for the add-ons included with the Archicad installation package?

Any help and advice or further questions to make me ask the proper questions are appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ferenc, 

Documentation for our add-ons are available on the Goodies download page and here: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/tag/Add-Ons/tg-p

Built-in add-ons' instructions are part of the user guide: https://redirect.graphisoft.com/?gstype=help&prodType=FULL&lang=INT&redirect=true

According to the Rhino specific question: it is worth to check the Example add-ons in the DevKit, because you can see that way whether if another add-on of ours has public commands available or not. Unfortunately, our Rhino add-on has no public command available at the moment. 

However, I encourage you to follow this conversation - some experienced 3rd party developers might know a good workaround for you. 🙂

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Hi Noemi,

Thank you for the suggestions I really appreciate them. I'll check the links and the example code and may be back with some more questions.

If anyone else has any other ideas I'm eager to read them too!