Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Hyperlink for ArchiCAD objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find a hyperlink property for ArchiCAD objects (other CAD applications like AutoCAD, Revit, Triforma, etc. have them). Does such a thing exist in ArchiCAD?

thanks in advance, Chuck
20 REPLIES 20
Karl Ottenstein
csh wrote:
I can't find a hyperlink property for ArchiCAD objects (other CAD applications like AutoCAD, Revit, Triforma, etc. have them). Does such a thing exist in ArchiCAD?
No. There is no hyperlinking tech in GDL objects other than the special hyperlink in the Comment script that is accessed from the object settings dialog only. No hyperlinking from any model views.

I believe Kimon Onuma or someone else was implementing an add-on to create hyperlinking effects.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply. I've contacted ONUMA, Inc. about the hyperlink add-on. If I don't get a reply, I'll probably implement it myself unless anyone has any better ideas.

thanks, Chuck
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to Akos for pointing out:

ACAPI_Database(APIDb_GetElementURLRefID, &elemHead, &elemURLRef);
ACAPI_Database(APIDb_SetElementURLRefID, &elemHead, &elemURLRef);

One solution leads to another question though:

In looking at the menu-related API, it doesn't look like you can modify the right-click context menu, right? It would be nice to add "Follow Hyperlink..." to this menu for an element that has a hyperlink...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
No. There is no hyperlinking tech in GDL objects other than the special hyperlink in the Comment script that is accessed from the object settings dialog only. No hyperlinking from any model views.
Does the situation with hyperlinking remains the same for the time being?
Holger Kreienbrink
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You can place one Hyperlink in the comment script.

#http://.......

Then the button with te earth changes from the default webpage to the user defined page. But you can just create one link
Holger Kreienbrink
Director Product Intelligence
Munich, Germany
Archicad since Version 5....
If I sound too harsh, please forgive me: I am German.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Holger wrote:
You can place one Hyperlink in the comment script.
Sorry, Holder, I cannot find place in AC12 where this comment script is situated . Could you point out the menu entry?
rocorona
Booster
I cannot find place in AC12 where this comment script is situated
It is the Comment Script of the GDL objects. You can access it when editing Library parts.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Ok, I select some object, open it in the library object editor, click on the Comment button and fill the right text area with some URL.
But I cannot see anywhere the Earth icon to follow this URL! Please, help!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Vladimir:

In the Object dialog box, the Comment option of the Preview must be selected for the Comment and www link to appear (most users never select this option).

David
Object-www-link.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!