Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Introductions: Developer group

TomWaltz
Participant
I think this is a great idea, and greatly needed.

I'm really curious who else is out there, that will be following this Forum. I can't imagine our discussions on coding and data manipulation will be of much interest to the average Archicad user.

I'm sure Stefan, Fabrizio, and Karl will be reading this.

Anyone else care to introduce themselves and say what they are hoping to accomplish?

I'll start:

I'm Tom Waltz. I work for a 50 person architectural firm outside Philadelphia. We started our switch from a highly-customized version of Arris 2001 to Archicad 8.0 in April of 2002. We are running macOS X, mostly on Dual 1.8 G5's. We are about 65% done with our transition.

I'm hoping to create an add-on which:
A) Is self-updating on individual machines from a central source, so users always receive latest deployed version on start-up
B) Allow different rounding accuracy levels based on viewset
C) Check/reset the "office standard" project preferences on File Open.
D) Coordinate project file attributes in mulit-file projects (usually with heavy module usage and/or multiple pln files)
E) Find a way to create a "ceiling plan" view, to allow better reflected ceiling plans

Now I don't know if any or all of these are possilble, but these are some eariy ideas that were kicked around in our last IT meetings.
Tom Waltz
14 REPLIES 14
stefan
Expert
Wow. Talk about changes...

It's always strange when you look at one picture and then see other pictures (or even better, the person in real life): they always look different then what you expect.

(P.S. I got the feeling that the developer forum is slowly, very slowly growing...)
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Karl Ottenstein
stefan wrote:
It's always strange when you look at one picture and then see other pictures (or even better, the person in real life): they always look different then what you expect..
I'll say. I thought Tom Waltz was going to look like his avatar when I met him at ACUWest, but there was no sign of Flash's red custume in sight ...

The funniest thing for me when meeting ac-talkers (without photos for avatars) in real life is that I almost never guess their age correctly. The ones that I think will be closer to 50 are frequently in their 20's, and the ones that I think will be in their 20's are closer to 50! Go figure. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
you've just never seen me in my speedskating uniform... I do kind of look like that!!
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
you've just never seen me in my speedskating uniform... I do kind of look like that!!
Aha! That's why your quads are as big as your chest! Googling you, I see that you are pretty darned good! Cute name for one race: "Skate of the Union". 3rd place in the 5K last week in Collingswood... Congratulations!

We'll all look for you in your red lycra at the next ACU event! 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
It's too true, TJ. Attached is a photo of what I looked like 3 years ago when I first started to learn ArchiCAD. It's been downhill since!
Karl

Oh great! Thanks for the glimpse of my own future, Karl!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!