Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Is there any tool for automatically calculate Abstandsfläche?

Andrii Levko
Expert

Is there any tool for automatically calculate Abstandsfläche (It is distance space according German norms DIN)?
I tried to create such a tool by myself but I only manage in a semi-automatic way, I always have to enter one of the value manually.

I know that a lot of different components and tools exist for the German market, so maybe I don't need to reinvent the wheel when maybe such a tool already exists?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

There is an object for that in the ArchiCARD library. I've never used it, but because of the many different rules in the federal states you'll never have a fully automatic way except for VERY easy cases. But what's easy anyway nowadays?

I guess it theoretically could be programmed as an add-on which then could react to a change of the outer shell of the building. But even then you would probably need to classify all external surfaces first. Ask @BerndSchwarzenbacher, he's programming add-ons and has good ideas.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

There is an object for that in the ArchiCARD library. I've never used it, but because of the many different rules in the federal states you'll never have a fully automatic way except for VERY easy cases. But what's easy anyway nowadays?

I guess it theoretically could be programmed as an add-on which then could react to a change of the outer shell of the building. But even then you would probably need to classify all external surfaces first. Ask @BerndSchwarzenbacher, he's programming add-ons and has good ideas.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Andrii Levko
Expert

Thank you 

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650