GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

LP_XMLConverter: Images not included in GSM

I'm having trouble getting a folder of images included in a GSM using LP_XMLConverter. I have tried the individual file method (xml2libpart) and the folder method (x2l). Both methods execute without errors, but the resulting GSM doesn't contain the images. I'm following the instructions here: http://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-use-the-lp_xmlconverter-tool

Is there anything that could be causing this that isn't described on that page? This is on Catalina 10.15.7, and the terminal is using the zsh shell.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi James,

the pictures have to be referenced in the xml to be included in the gsm:

png:
<GDLPict MIME="image/png" Name="ui_reveal_selection_new.png" SectVersion="19" SectionFlags="0" SubIdent="2"/>
svg:
<GDLPict MIME="image/svg" Name="ui_same_as_walledge_hl(1).svg" SectVersion="19" SectionFlags="1" SubIdent="3"/>
In HSF format these go into libpartdata.xml, and the images have to be in subfolder images.

Embedded pictures can be used in the code by their index set in the SubIdent attribute.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
I am using this routine in Automator:
cd /Applications/GRAPHISOFT/AC21/ArchiCAD\ 21.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/
./LP_XMLConverter l2x -img /Users/myName/Desktop/LibraryXML/bitmaps/ /Users/myName/Desktop/LibraryGDL/ /Users/myName/Desktop/LibraryXML/
You can try GDLnucleus as well which has an img convert routine included (gdlnucleus.com)
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi James,

the pictures have to be referenced in the xml to be included in the gsm:

png:
<GDLPict MIME="image/png" Name="ui_reveal_selection_new.png" SectVersion="19" SectionFlags="0" SubIdent="2"/>
svg:
<GDLPict MIME="image/svg" Name="ui_same_as_walledge_hl(1).svg" SectVersion="19" SectionFlags="1" SubIdent="3"/>
In HSF format these go into libpartdata.xml, and the images have to be in subfolder images.

Embedded pictures can be used in the code by their index set in the SubIdent attribute.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest