GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Label in mirrored hotlink

rav668
Participant
Hello,
I would like to ask if there is a function in gdl to check if hotlink in which the object is located has been mirrored. To be more specific I am using wall labels in modules. Without this function, hotlinks are almost useless.
Best regards,
Rafał.
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, I don't think there is such a function or command in GDL. A Library Part can know whether it itself is mirrored, but there is no command that would give information about the Hotlinked Module file the Library Part is located in.
I looked through the GDL Reference Guide but I have not found anything that could accomplish this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rav668
Participant
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have to label each module manually I suggest Graphisoft creating this function in GDL. It seems very easy to do taking into account the fact, that there is a parameter of hotlink which describes if it is mirrored or not.
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
SYMB_MIRRORED combines hotlink mirroring and element mirroring. As a result, it doesn't matter if an object is shown via a hotlink or placed directly into the plan.
Do you need only one component of the mirroring?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Peter wrote:
SYMB_MIRRORED combines hotlink mirroring and element mirroring. As a result, it doesn't matter if an object is shown via a hotlink or placed directly into the plan.
Do you need only one component of the mirroring?
I have used this in my labels and they work perfectly with hotlinked modules in any position
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Bruce
Expert
Kristian,

Can you expand on that? The GDL reference guide under SYMB_MIRRORED says: The mirrored state of a hotlink is not included

Also, I tried using this in a wall label I'm looking at, and it returns 0 regardless of mirrored state.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Bruce
Expert
This is the current result of the label:
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Bruce,

I might have overlooked that that you are labelling a wall. Walls don't have a SYMB_MIRRORED state, they use WALL_FLIPPED. This also gets flipped when the hotlink is mirrored.
Also labels don't know which side of the labelled element they are at - I have a feeling that is also missing information you would need. You could try something with LABEL_POSITION and assuming a fixed parallel or perpendicular label orientation. But maybe it is easier to solve with a parameter instead.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Peter. Yes, I've added a 'Used in Hotlink' parameter. Haven't got the logic working yet, but so far it's promising.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --

Anybody got a fix for this problem, with the same label or any other one? This is what I get with NCS Wall Label 24. Right is module placed with no mirroring; left is mirrored, with all wall labels flipped making the whole thing unusable. Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.42.21 AM.png

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!