BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Launch ArchiCAD 13 in Debug Mode from Visual Studio 2005

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to rebuild a project from ArchiCAD 10 to ArchiCAD 13. When I finished converting all the codes and about to launch ArchiCAD in Debug Mode, I got this a window saying:

Debugging information for 'ArchiCAD.exe' cannot be found or does not match. No symbols loaded. Do you want to continue debugging? yes/no

I chose yes, then, it generates this msg in the Dissembly window and stopped there...

> ArchiCAD.exe!00000001434fc520()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ArchiCAD.exe]
kernel32.dll!0000000076eff56d()
ntdll.dll!0000000077133021()

I used to get this part quite easily with Visual Studio 2003 by just entering
"C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\ArchiCAD.exe" into the "Command" column under the "Debugging" Tab of the Project Property Page.

I tried to enter:
"C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13\ArchiCAD.exe"
into the Debugging Tab's "Command" column inside the Project Propery Page but I got no luck.

Please can anyone help me on this? Really appreciate.

Alfred
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Resolved.
I resolve this by keep holding Shift+ F11 for long enough and it will keep skipping through all the error and eventually launch ArchiCAD.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
ALFREDMAN wrote:
Resolved.
I resolve this by keep holding Shift+ F11 for long enough and it will keep skipping through all the error and eventually launch ArchiCAD.
You shouldn't have to do that - I'm not seeing that behaviour during debugging. Can you post or PM a screen-grab of your debugging settings panel?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!