GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Library Part parameters in schedules

Narska
Advocate
I have an object and I define a parameter TEST_PARAM and set a default value of 1.

In the master script, I define the value of TEST_PARAM = 2 and draw a text symbol in the 2D script with text2 0,0, TEST_PARAM and it shows 2.

I now create an interactive schedule and "add library part parameter" TEST_PARAM to the fields. The field in the schedule displays as 1 and the object on the floor plan display as 2.

What is going on here? How do I have the schedule show the true value as calculated in the master script?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
If you overwrite the value of a parameter variable in the master script, this new value is valid in all scripts, but the parameter itself is not overwritten. In the interactive schedule, therefore, the set parameter value is always output, since the Schedule only reads out the parameter and not the script.
To overwrite the parameter itself, use the PARAMETERS command.
e.g.
TEST_PARAM = 2
PARAMETERS TEST_PARAM = TEST_PARAM
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
If you overwrite the value of a parameter variable in the master script, this new value is valid in all scripts, but the parameter itself is not overwritten. In the interactive schedule, therefore, the set parameter value is always output, since the Schedule only reads out the parameter and not the script.
e.g.
TEST_PARAM = 2
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Narska
Advocate
Thank you! this is very clear now.

Joachim wrote:
e.g.
TEST_PARAM = 2
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!