GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Looking for a stretcher tool

Hello,

I've made my own stretcher tool with gdl. script but this one does not suit me beecause I am not able to create a good parametric stretcher tool.
I have not found any tool like this into BIMcomponent.

Does anyone have got a stretcher-tool.gsm to share ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
22 REPLIES 22
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
What would you like a stretcher tool to do?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ralph,
Something like this tool I have created with gdl script but I do not like it because it does not works and I am not able to create the one I want. 😕
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Ralph wrote:
What would you like a stretcher tool to do?
Ralph,

Did you do a gdl object like this ?
Christophe - FRANCE

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Is that a vehicle turning circle?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ralph,

No it does not deals with a vehicule but just a object/tool which is able to draw in plan how this kind of element can turn in stairs or in thin corridors.

I have already made a gdl tool but my script is not good and I always prefer to draw each rectangle one by one to be able to get a good result. I am looking for a stretcher tool I have not found into BIMcomponent.
Christophe - FRANCE

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ah - ok. I didn't understand the question at first. I'll check with our GDL team if they've handled something like that before.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Thanks ralph,

I have tested some car or lorry object/tool but stretchers have ni roue no wheel or turning radius. 😕
Christophe - FRANCE

Lingwisyer
Guru
Christophe wrote:
no wheel or turning radius

Well, in a way they do, at each corner with no rotational limit. So if you can find a vehicle object that you can modify, you could just see if you can shift the reference points.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Christophe wrote:
No it does not deals with a vehicule but just a object/tool which is able to draw in plan how this kind of element can turn in stairs or in thin corridors.
Sorry, no – we don't have anything to fill that specific role.
Ralph Wessel BArch