GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

MEP Connection won't actually connect

vdentello
Advocate
I've been trying for a couple hours to make a working GDL connection but for some reason, i can't get it to work.

I does actually stretch, show the pink hotspot but no matter what I do, i cant get it to "connect" to a pipe, like native objects will do (even resize the duct to fit).

What can be happening?

Also, GDL center Help says about using "MEP_m_ConnectionsACL_4", but objects will call "MEP_m_ConnectionsMEP_4". None works right for me.

The object link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/584c5pre0smb67g/Caixa%20Sifonada.gsm?dl=0
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in either MEP or GDL, so I cannot tell which problem this is. If this is a GDL issue, have you checked out the GDL Forums? This is the specialized forum for GDL experts, so you may receive a quicker answer there!

But if you believe this is an MEP issue, please let me know, and I will forward this to our colleagues to have a closer look!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Nader Belal
Mentor
@vdentello

May be there is a way to find as I have found it "MEP_m_ConnectionsACL_4" macro

Open the 3D script of the "Dryer" library part
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
vdentello
Advocate
Moonlight wrote:
@vdentello

May be there is a way to find as I have found it "MEP_m_ConnectionsACL_4" macro

Open the 3D script of the "Dryer" library part
Object Subtype HAS to be something more specific for the macro to work.
That was the only mistake. As i changed it to "Flow Terminal" it started working right away. (I got an answer at the old GDL forum). I had it set as "Flow Device".
I wish that the GDL center had better MEP examples/ instructions, makes it harder than has to be. I even learned to used LP2XML converter to create 144 MEP connection parameters and not having to write them on the object interface itself. Really happy with VSCode new template by the way!
Regarding LP2XML converter, this one also deserves a better help page.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Nader Belal
Mentor
@vdentello

Let me elaborate on that one.

If you go and consult the IFC 2x3 TC1, (not totally right, but take it as a good indicator), most MEP connections have the characteristic of delivering fluids (liquids or gasses).

MEP manager as an old Graphisoft product is based on this fact
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.