Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Mac template target setting

poco2013
Mentor
I'm trying to create a basic add-on on the MAC using the supplied template. It shows up fine in the initial creation menu but after the project is created, it is brought in without setting a target. According to the instructions, the template should be put into the "application plug-in" folder under the xcode paths. Which needed to be created per instructions. However, nothing shows up in the targets when i try to assign the target. Tried using the bundle target but it is not recognized by Archicad.

What setting should i use. Don't what to strip out everything from one of the examples such as the Geometry test. Looking for a easier solution.

Using Archicad 20 and the December release of the API. XCODE 8.2
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
7 REPLIES 7
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
poco2013 wrote:
I'm trying to create a basic add-on on the MAC using the supplied template. It shows up fine in the initial creation menu but after the project is created, it is brought in without setting a target. According to the instructions, the template should be put into the "application plug-in" folder under the xcode paths. Which needed to be created per instructions. However, nothing shows up in the targets when i try to assign the target. Tried using the bundle target but it is not recognized by Archicad.

What setting should i use. Don't what to strip out everything from one of the examples such as the Geometry test. Looking for a easier solution.

Hi,

That add-on template is not working too well with Xcode 8; one of my colleagues is working on it; we'll get back to you in the middle of January.

Best, Akos
MOREH Tamas
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
poco2013 wrote:

Hi,
I updated the XCode template for the ApiDevkit 20.
This update and other useful informations and news will be uploaded to the new http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/ site.
poco2013
Mentor
Getting back to this problem -- I downloaded the template but got the same result -- no target set.
I tried using the new API install and the add-On template listed for new projects under -- Crossplatform- OTHER- archicad Add-ON - but also no target is set. All the basic files are there however. -- Just will not compile to a bundle file. All the examples compile and run OK. But I am using the supplied xcoeproj file to load them - not supplied for the template?

I am sure this is just a build setting somewhere but don't know what.

The other problem is that Archicad does not supply a xcodeproj file for its most basic bare example -- so same problem if you're not familiar with the build settings

Any help would appreciated. -- If not, I guess I'll have to wait for 21??

Sierra 10.12.4 -- xcode 8.3.1
Gerry

MOREH Tamas
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

I tried to reproduce your problem with the attached template, but it works well on my computer.

That's all, what I did:

- I downloaded and uncompressed the template (xctemplate) file
- I copied it into the /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Xcode/Templates/Project Templates/Mac/Application Extension/ folder. (Remove the previous template, if exists.)
- I opened the Xcode and clicked the "Create a new Xcode project" option.
- I chose the "macOS/ARCHICAD 20 Add-On" template and I filled out the fields .
- I saved the project in the installed API DEVKIT/Examples folder (this location is the recommended)
- After the project is generated I could click the build button immediately and it generated the .apx file successfully.

Which of these steps was not successful?

Bests.
Tamás
poco2013
Mentor
Thanks for the Info -- I followed your instructions -- line 1 & 2- The template did not show up under the MacOS tab but under Croiss-Platform. I clicked on that but the new project still had no target set !!
Gerry

MOREH Tamas
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Are you sure, that there is no more (earlier) ARCHICAD template in any subfolders of the "Project Templates"? If there is, it can be cause that the new template will not be available.
poco2013
Mentor
I Double checked and there are no other Archicad templates in the Mac subdirectorues other than the one I put in the application folder. Also nothing in the sub-dirs in the cross-platform and basic folders

The Archicad Add-On still shows up under Cross-platorm not macos and in listed in the application extension tab there.
Gerry