Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Maintaining an AddOn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Everyone!
Been trying to resolve an issue, I have a working build of an Archicad 22 AddOn, it will however not load on Archicad 23, I get the "The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this Archicad version." error. I have been trying to discover how to update the AddOn to support Archicad 23 to no avail, I have the source code for the AddOn available what should I change in order to build the AddOn for Archicad 23?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
There are at least 3 things you will need to address:
1) On Windows start using Visual Studio 2017 (or 2019 with the 2017 toolset). On macOS continue using Xcode but bump the deployment target to 10.12

2) Swap in the AC23 dev-kit to replace AC22. This may mean linking against different libraries and/or specifying different include paths.

3) Update your source code to address changes to the API or target platform requirements.
Ralph Wessel BArch

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
There are at least 3 things you will need to address:
1) On Windows start using Visual Studio 2017 (or 2019 with the 2017 toolset). On macOS continue using Xcode but bump the deployment target to 10.12

2) Swap in the AC23 dev-kit to replace AC22. This may mean linking against different libraries and/or specifying different include paths.

3) Update your source code to address changes to the API or target platform requirements.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Math2843 wrote:
I have a working build of an ARCHICAD 22 AddOn, it will however not load on ARCHICAD 23
It's normal, because each AddOn is compatible with only one ARCHICAD main version.
AddOns must be rebuilt for each ARCHICAD versions.
Follow Ralph's instructions and don't afraid to ask help here 😉 We will help!