GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Moving Layout ID number in Drawing Title

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Hello--

I am wondering if there is any way to move the layout ID number in the drawing title. I can move the drawing number with the scale tool in the pet pallet, but not the layout ID. The layout ID is just a tad too close to the separation line above it. Is this possible? Please see the attached screenshot - where I would like to be able to move the "A001" down just a little bit.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rene wrote:
The NCS Drawing Title 2 24.gsm is read only.
You should Save As... the library part, so your edits are in a new file, not altering the existing file. (The file is Read Only because it s part of the .lcf file)
Rene wrote:
I am now trying to edit the GS object, but it won't let me do anything at all in the 2D View window.
The 2D View only shows the result of the code. Changes need to be made to the 2D Script to change the library part.
Rene wrote:
Also, when I open the 2D View, it appears at an angle and there is no layout number on it. (see attached screenshots). Any advice?
In the main library part window, click the Parameters button to see the parameters. Go to AC_DrawingRect in the Variables column near the bottom of the list, click the little grid under in Values column (this is an array that stores multiple values), and change the 5th value to zero. The Parameters window holds the default values for the library part. Since the title has not been placed on a Layout in the environment, it does not contain this information (it is pulled via a Request command). It is best to place your marker on a Layout to test the results of your code changes as you work on the code.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
You would have to edit the objects script and isolate that variable.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Lingwisyer wrote:
You would have to edit the objects script and isolate that variable.
Sounds too onerous.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Lingwisyer
Guru
I can be...

From memory, the GS symbols are not that hard to navigate. Also, given that it is a title, there is no need to worry about incorporation and rotation or mirror script sections.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Lingwisyer wrote:
I can be...

From memory, the GS symbols are not that hard to navigate. Also, given that it is a title, there is no need to worry about incorporation and rotation or mirror script sections.

Ling.
Hi Ling - I am now trying to edit the GS object, but it won't let me do anything at all in the 2D View window. The NCS Drawing Title 2 24.gsm is read only.
Also, when I open the 2D View, it appears at an angle and there is no layout number on it. (see attached screenshots). Any advice?
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rene wrote:
The NCS Drawing Title 2 24.gsm is read only.
You should Save As... the library part, so your edits are in a new file, not altering the existing file. (The file is Read Only because it s part of the .lcf file)
Rene wrote:
I am now trying to edit the GS object, but it won't let me do anything at all in the 2D View window.
The 2D View only shows the result of the code. Changes need to be made to the 2D Script to change the library part.
Rene wrote:
In the main library part window, click the Parameters button to see the parameters. Go to AC_DrawingRect in the Variables column near the bottom of the list, click the little grid under in Values column (this is an array that stores multiple values), and change the 5th value to zero. The Parameters window holds the default values for the library part. Since the title has not been placed on a Layout in the environment, it does not contain this information (it is pulled via a Request command). It is best to place your marker on a Layout to test the results of your code changes as you work on the code.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14