Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Not found *grc.rc2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I am trying to build an add-on apx file. However, I got an RC1015 error in visual studio. I just copied the project in the example and made some modification about file path. It seems that I could not compile the 'grc' file. Is it because that I forgot to include some libs or I missed some configuration?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have solved it: right click the *rc file included in the VC project -> change the command line ".*ResConv.exe" to its correct path.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
The most likely problem is that the project is now in a different position relative to the dev-kit. Add-on resources use a platform-neutral format that is converted to native resources during the build process. The path to the converter is usually relative to the project, so if you moved somewhere where the relative path is broken, the resources won't be converted and compiler won't be able to find the required platform-specific resource files.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
The most likely problem is that the project is now in a different position relative to the dev-kit. Add-on resources use a platform-neutral format that is converted to native resources during the build process. The path to the converter is usually relative to the project, so if you moved somewhere where the relative path is broken, the resources won't be converted and compiler won't be able to find the required platform-specific resource files.
Thank you. But I thought I has set some path used by compiler. Is there a specific path that is connected with resources file?
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have solved it: right click the *rc file included in the VC project -> change the command line ".*ResConv.exe" to its correct path.