GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Object placed on Master Layout

Arnaut_2604
Booster

Running against wall here.
We place a red text "Vorabzug" across the title block to indicate it being a first draft. At a later stage we then remove this text.
We already started controlling revision dates with custom layout info and thought we might be able to use this for our "Vorabzug". The idea being that we can select all layouts and edit that easily.
So far I've realized that when I save the autotext Vorabzug as an object, the text itself gets defined by this:
"<custom-LAYOUT-E0EA49FB-557E-4251-872F-9BA0A9184735>"
This works fine but my issue is that if there's no text entered into the Layout Info I'm left with an empty red bar.
My thought was that I might just use IF THEN ENDIF to controll whether anything shows at all.

If  "<custom-LAYOUT-E0EA49FB-557E-4251-872F-9BA0A9184735>" = "Vorabzug" then...
I don't get any issues when saving it but it just doesn't react to what I write into the Layout Info.

My guess is that I can access the information but can't be controlled by it.Masterlayout.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

I tried reading the content of these parameters and react to their content.....it does not work. Same with Properties from the propertymanager

Mac OSX - up to date

GER Archicad Full, Up to date
Turit
Booster

1. If there is no background fill no problem when the textfield is empty.

Do you want to control it separately on each page, or does the caption go down at the same time? If no:

2. I prefer have a layout template on a worksheet that is placed as a drawing on all master layout. So you only need to delete the text from 1 location. I hope I was clear. 

Turit_0-1638392893742.png

@Turit 
I do it the same way!
But I have trouble saving DWG files correctly now since the Worksheet view can not be embeded in the Layout.....I have 2 Views parked 1000m next to each other.
Also Autotext is not correct in DWG files.

Mac OSX - up to date

GER Archicad Full, Up to date

I just have a watermark layer for mine. Once I'm paid I just turn that layer off

We do it this way with the title block but since we don't turn the draft of on all plans at once we need to controll it seperately on each layout.
But thanks for the quick response!

I thought about this too but how do you controll which layers are visible on the layout? It seems random to me.

Yves
Advocate

Hy,

Here is another possibility but it is absolutely necessary to have a change so that the comment text of the object is displayed

Script 2D

!!!for _i=1 to vardim1(GLOB_ISSUE_SCHEME)
!!!	for _j=1 to vardim2(GLOB_ISSUE_SCHEME)
!!!		text2 0,0, GLOB_ISSUE_SCHEME[_i][_j]
!!!		add2 0, -0.01
!!!	next _j
!!!	add2 0, -0.01
!!!next _i
!!!
!!!DEL TOP

PEN 121

ht_text = 5.00

DEFINE STYLE "aa" Arial, ht_text,5,0
SET STYLE "aa"

fill_type = 64
fill_pen = 20
back_pen = 121

SET FILL fill_type

num_rev = 8  !!!Comment in Archicad French

HOTSPOT2 0,0

for _i=1 to vardim1(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY)
	for _j= num_rev to vardim2(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY)
		IF _J = num_rev Then
		text2 0,0, LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY[_i][_j]

IF LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY[_i][_j] <> "" THEN
				ht_frame=ht_text *(GLOB_SCALE/1000)
				width_frame = stw(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY[_i][_j])*GLOB_SCALE/1000 + 0.005

!!RECT2 -width_frame/2 ,- ht_frame , width_frame/2 , ht_frame

POLY2_B 4, 1+2+4,fill_pen ,back_pen,
				-width_frame/2,-ht_frame,15,
				-width_frame/2,ht_frame,15,
				width_frame/2,ht_frame,15,
				width_frame/2,-ht_frame,15

ENDIF