BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Only show objects with a specific code in ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

is it possible to build an API that hide/show objects with a specific ID code? It should work like layers but with ID code instead.
Or maybe make a new code that you could attach too all objects?

For example, I have alot of objects like wall, windows ...
All objects has ID like W1_Wall, W1_Window1, W1_Foder (swedish) ... It means that this objects should be build together.
My question is then, is it possible to make an API that could HIDE all objects that doesn't start with W1_ temporarly?

/Tobias
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg
Expert
I do not see a direct way to do it like you described as I think there is no Archicad feature to show or hide an element independently.
Except for that generally visibilty of windows and doors follow the parent wall.
However I think it is possible to achieve something like that by workaround. For example the tool can create a special invisible layer.
The tool will set to all elements which meet the criterion this layer and thus to hide them. Also, the initial layer should be stored by the tool for each element so it will possible to show the elements again on corresponding initial layers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That solution sounds nice, thanks!
I will try that when I'm get little longer in my studies. I'm just in the beginning of creating own API's.

/Tobias
Learn and get certified!