GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Open/Select object call

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i would like to know if somebody can tell me how to call the dialog to select an object from the libraries(double click from the object icon in the left menu bar) from my API, i mean, the function which call this dialog. Thank you!

Alex
10 REPLIES 10
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
frankito5 wrote:
i would like to know if somebody can tell me how to call the dialog to select an object from the libraries(double click from the object icon in the left menu bar) from my API
I think you're looking for APIIo_SettingsDialogID.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that's exactly what i want but, there's a way to open the object directly from the windows browser? I show it in the picture. Thank you again!

Alex
Sin título.gif
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
frankito5 wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what i want but, there's a way to open the object directly from the windows browser? I show it in the picture. Thank you again!
Perhaps DGGetOpenFile?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Perhaps DGGetOpenFile?

Could be, but I have included "DG.h" and "Location.hpp" and the compiler does not recognize 'DGGetOpenFile'.

IO::Location loc1 ("C:/Users/User/Desktop/Objetos Junkers");
DGGetOpenFile(&loc1);

Something wrong?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
frankito5 wrote:
Could be, but I have included "DG.h" and "Location.hpp" and the compiler does not recognize 'DGGetOpenFile'.
The file you need to include is DGFileDlg.hpp
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
The file you need to include is DGFileDlg.hpp
Now, there is no errors with the compiler but, the "normal" open dialog is opened. What i want to open is a library object open dialog, so i can't use DGGetOpenFile. Which is the function should i use? Thank you.

Alex
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
frankito5 wrote:
the "normal" open dialog is opened. What i want to open is a library object open dialog
Can you post a screen grab of the dialog you want to invoke?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
frankito5 wrote:
Can you post a screen grab of the dialog you want to invoke?
Sure!
Sin título.jpg
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
frankito5 wrote:
Sure!
Isn't that a standard 'open' dialog?
Ralph Wessel BArch