Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

PARAM-O development roadmap? (with Survey)

Anonymous
Not applicable
[Note by Moderator: Please make sure to fill out the Development Survey. Link to the Survey can be found in the 3rd post of this topic.]

Since PARAM-O is described as a technology demo of sorts, what is the development roadmap for this plugin?

There are a number of GDL elements that are not implemented yet and I am curious what is the development outlook for such a useful tool as PARAM-O?
32 REPLIES 32
Hello Anton,

The first step would be to integrate macOS users.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Viktor Kovacs
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The highest priority issue on the backlog is definitely the MacOS version. We are happy to announce that it is ready for release, so it will be available for the upcoming update of Archicad 24 (Update 3).

We already have a backlog for PARAM-O development, but we need your feedback to make it more relevant to your needs. If you want to participate in the backlog forming process, please fill out this short survey: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=tjJzke5fkkudBYEsfwi5uXn3O7NJqk5Aqpxslw9QXYxUNEIzQzVFTlAwQ1RENkVYUlc4UjBJNzc0Qy4u.
B_E_A_T_
Advocate
Great news that you are releasing the MacOS version! Planning on integrating this in our BIM-oriented Parametric Design course!
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
rm
Expert
Viktor wrote:
The highest priority issue on the backlog is definitely the MacOS version. We are happy to announce that it is ready for release, so it will be available for the upcoming update of Archicad 24 (Update 3).

We already have a backlog for PARAM-O development, but we need your feedback to make it more relevant to your needs. If you want to participate in the backlog forming process, please fill out this short survey: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=tjJzke5fkkudBYEsfwi5uXn3O7NJqk5Aqpxslw9QXYxUNEIzQzVFTlAwQ1RENkVYUlc4UjBJNzc0Qy4u.

Viktor -
Could you be much more specific when stating "backlog is definitely the Mac OS version." With all due respect, that sounds extremely vague to me. We too often hear from GS, "this is a priority" with no follow up or commitment to finalization of a "commitment".
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The Mac version of Param-O has basically finished development internally. But needs to go through more testing and processes before release. So should be available early next year, in an upcoming Update for AC24.
I say should, just incase any last minute issues occur in the process

Also, here's proof.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
A_ Smith
Expert
Where I can find some info (~comparison table) on what is better to do in Param-O and what he does worse or can't comparing to gdl scripting?
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
Mjules
Mentor
Hi,

Will it be possible to use PARAM-O for contouring models like that of the contouring command in Rhino? Contouring is a method of approximating mass and curvature through the use of rectilinear materials. For example, often we will see architecture site models that are made out of simple sheet materials, such as museum board, but they are representing the mass and curvature associated with topography.

I enclose some examples of the eggcrate models realized from the contouring method. That method is most important for digital fabrication in both fields of design and architecture.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
4hotshoes
Advisor
James wrote:
The Mac version of Param-O has basically finished development internally. But needs to go through more testing and processes before release. So should be available early next year, in an upcoming Update for AC24.
I say should, just incase any last minute issues occur in the process

Also, here's proof.
That is great! It looks a lot like Grasshopper. Such a cool way to model. This will put AC in the lead or desirable apps among the new generation of architects.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
leceta
Expert
Mjules wrote:
Hi,

Will it be possible to use PARAM-O for contouring models like that of the contouring command in Rhino? Contouring is a method of approximating mass and curvature through the use of rectilinear materials. For example, often we will see architecture site models that are made out of simple sheet materials, such as museum board, but they are representing the mass and curvature associated with topography.

I enclose some examples of the eggcrate models realized from the contouring method. That method is most important for digital fabrication in both fields of design and architecture.
This work is better done in Rhino (which happens to be super cheap software that nicely complements Archicad)