BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

PLANE_ status for curve

A_ Smith
Expert

how to make arc segment for PLANE_ ?
It doesn't work - I see nothing in 3D window. What I did wrong?
I thought that at least, status codes 1000 and 3000 should work...

si=15
put 0, 0, 0, si
put 0, 0, 2, si
put 1, 0, 2, si+900
put 2, 0, 2, si+3000
put 2, 0, 0, si
put 0, 0, 0, -1
plane_ nsp/4, get(nsp)

AC 22, 24 | Win 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The GDL manual is wrong about this since Archicad 8 🤣. Seems like they never bothered to fix it.

However what you want works nice with POLY_. There you can have additional status parameters allowing for curved edges and holes.

I would always avoid zero height objects. It mostly kinda works... but in most cases it still raises warnings in the log.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

The mask for a POLY_ or PLANE can only be 0 (no edge), 1 (visible edge), or -1 (to define a hole).

So 'si' can not be 15, it should be 1.

Does it work then?

I have just shut down Archicad and don't want to start it up again, otherwise I would test it for you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Well, such masks work. GDL manual also mentions possibility to use Additional status codes... Should be removed i guess ?

Though I needed curved edges and curved holes... In that case prism_ with zero height should do the job

AC 22, 24 | Win 10
Solution

The GDL manual is wrong about this since Archicad 8 🤣. Seems like they never bothered to fix it.

However what you want works nice with POLY_. There you can have additional status parameters allowing for curved edges and holes.

I would always avoid zero height objects. It mostly kinda works... but in most cases it still raises warnings in the log.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!