BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Palette Window Instantly disappears

Dayiz
Booster

Dear GS-Community, 

I've been working on an AddOn, but im having trouble with the Palettes in ArchiCAD. I tried to copy code from DG_Test Example AddOn where a Palette was built (->OwnerDrawnListBox). But when i execute my AddOn, the Palette instantly disappears. When I compile and execute the example AddOn it works fine, but for my AddOn it doesn't. I copied the Code for "FreeData()" and "Initialize()" into the AddOnMain, but that also didn't make a difference.

How can the Example AddOn work but when i copy everything into my AddOn, it just disappears.

Did anyone had the same problem or knows whats going on?

I put my Code in a zip, you'll find my AddOnMain, my DialogTable and Graphisofts OwnerDrawnListBoxPalette.

Thanks for any Help

Kind Regards

Dayiz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kovacsv
Booster

I would try to replace the return value of CheckEnvironment from APIAddon_Normal to APIAddon_Preload. This will make your add-on preloaded which means it will be kept in the memory during the entire Archicad session. Normal add-ons are loaded/unloaded every time they used, so this can be the cause of your palette disappearing immediately (the add-on is just unloaded after the call).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
kovacsv
Booster

I would try to replace the return value of CheckEnvironment from APIAddon_Normal to APIAddon_Preload. This will make your add-on preloaded which means it will be kept in the memory during the entire Archicad session. Normal add-ons are loaded/unloaded every time they used, so this can be the cause of your palette disappearing immediately (the add-on is just unloaded after the call).

That worked, thank you!

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!