GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Param-O for macos ?

julienK
Advocate
I watch the keynote yesterday and was quite impressed.

As an avid GDL user i was quite excited by the new param-O and python addition to Archicad.

Imagine my deception when i found out that param-O is for PC only.

Is there any plan to bring param-O to macos or will it remain a windows feature?
9 REPLIES 9
I wish it too.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
juliencuadra wrote:
Is there any plan to bring param-O to macos or will it remain a windows feature?

In the keynote speech they did say in the Q & A session that Param-o will be coming for MAC as well.
No time frame was given, but hopefully it won't be too long.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
julienK
Advocate
Thanks barry, great news.
Barry wrote:
No time frame was given, but hopefully it won't be too long.
Great
Thanks Barry
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Today, during a Q&A session they said that they are already working on the Mac version and it will arrive in an AC24 Update.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
schagemann
Enthusiast
This is such an exciting new feature, let's hope they release this update faster than the first update to AC23... might need to fire up the Windows install just to to play around!
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
hpenbeoglu
Booster
Which one is true? Did I miss something?
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
Karl Ottenstein
hpenbeoglu wrote:
Which one is true? Did I miss something?
PARAM-O for Mac is built into the ARCHICAD 24 Preview Update build 5000 announced on Feb 18 here:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=322598#p322598

If you are running one of the supported language versions ("INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT"), you can download the update from the link provided there... repeated here:
https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?type=AC&localization=INT&version=24#updates

Note that there is a drop-down list that defaults to INT in the link. Click that to select the language matching your version. If your language is not listed, you'll have to wait for the release version of this update...which will have a build number slightly larger than 5000. The date for that release has NOT been announced.

Again, this is a Preview (tested, but not fully ready for general release) update... and will NOT show up with the in-product Check for Updates feature. It is only available from the link above. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
hpenbeoglu
Booster
Karl wrote:

PARAM-O for Mac is built into the ARCHICAD 24 Preview Update build 5000 announced on Feb 18 here:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=322598#p322598

Oh, Thanks! I like previews
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)