GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Parameter Dynamic Array Question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I need to create a dynamic array for angle parameters to assign to Graphical Editing Hotspot.
As attachment image, I created an array for number of the rebars I need but when I moved hotspot, all of them is moved because I do not know how to create a dynamic array for "angle_2" parameter. I want to move each of the rebar separately.
Please show me how to do it and write onto which script window for dynamic array parameters.

P/S: When I can move each of rebar separately, then I want to know distance between selectd rebar's hotspot to both of next rebars for confirm. I thought can calculate the distance of to [i-1] and [i+1] elements. Then I will show them as displayParam in Graphical Editing Hotspot.
	angle=0
	for i=1 to iRebar_num-1
		angle=i*360/iRebar_num
		rot2 angle
			hotspot2 0, 0, unID, angle_2, 6 : unID=unID+1
			hotspot2 mRebarDis,0,unID,angle_2,4+128 : unID=unID+1
			hotspot2 (mRebarDis*cos(angle_2)),(mRebarDis*sin(angle_2)),unID,angle_2,5 : unID=unID+1
				add2	(mRebarDis*cos(angle_2)),(mRebarDis*sin(angle_2))
					poly2_b	2, 1+2+4+64, gs_fill_pen, gs_back_pen,
							0, 0, 901,
							rKei/2, 360, 4001
		del 2
	next i
Best regards,
Thanks so much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
Hey there 🙂

Try this one.
Basically the idea is to store the rotation offset from the current point into an array.
Good luck!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
runxel
Legend
Hey there 🙂

Try this one.
Basically the idea is to store the rotation offset from the current point into an array.
Good luck!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Runxel,

I knew you as GDL-Sublime's developer, it is great idea and amazing tool.

P/S: Private question, do you know or can make an ArchiCAD API Add-on?

Thank you so much.
Best regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
Hey there

Try this one.
Good luck!
Thank Lucas so much.
It worked well and this is exactly what I want to learn. Detailed explaining from Pro with kind. I am very happy to learn something from you about GDL or API (if you doing).
I am trying to learn how to write GDL more easier from GDL-Sublime of yours via XML workflow.

Thank again.
Best regards.
HAI