Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Point Cloud data access from the API

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was wondering whether it was possible to access the points of a point cloud via the API.
I noticed that when loading a point cloud into Archicad, it is converted to a proprietary .gspc format and the GDL object uses it. Because of such processing I can't find a way to access the point cloud's data.
3 REPLIES 3
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
twBIM wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering whether it was possible to access the points of a point cloud via the API.
I noticed that when loading a point cloud into archicad, it is converted to a proprietary .gspc format and the GDL object uses it. Because of such processing I can't find a way to access the point cloud's data.
Hi,

The .gspc format is private. What would you like to achieve?
The point cloud data can be imported into a GDL script, or directly from ARCHICAD: Point Cloud

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I would like to get the coordinates of all points in the point cloud for some processing using the API.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
twBIM wrote:
Hi,

I would like to get the coordinates of all points in the point cloud for some processing using the API.
I'm sorry, that's not possible at the moment, partly due to the sheer amount of data. Try to parse the source point cloud file if that's available.

Best, Akos