BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Problem: "Include X64 targets" with new AddOn in window 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to build new add-on using the APIDevKit with Window 7 using Visual Studio 2005 and APIDevKit 13.2517 for ArchiCAD13.

When I try to start a new project using the installed template "ArchiCAD Add-On", I am given 3 options, the last one is "Include X64 targets".

Whenever I have "Include X64 targets" option checked, I will always get two error pop up box:

1) 'null' is null or not an object , together with an 'Ok' button
2) An Empty Box with nothing but an 'Ok" button

After these 2 error msg, I am forced out of the new project creation process as if nothing happened.

I tried to do it without the "Include X64 target" option. I even tried to open up the example project from APIDevKit folder and compile the API. It compiled but when I try to load the .apx in ArchiCAD 13, it will have error saying 'It is not a total Add-ons" or something like that. (Note that this happens to the example API compiled from the APIDevKit's example folder)

I then try to do the same thing mentioned above on a platform using Window XP and everything seems fine. However does it means that I cant make any Add-On to run in Window 7 with 64-bit ? Or I cant develop it under Window 7?

What can I do to get the "Include X64 targets" checked when creating new project. If I dont check it, is there anyway to compile an addon that will run in window7 with ArchiCAD 13 with 64-bit?

Thanks
Alfred
1 REPLY 1
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
ALFREDMAN wrote:
When I try to start a new project using the installed template "ArchiCAD Add-On", I am given 3 options, the last one is "Include X64 targets". Whenever I have "Include X64 targets" option checked, I will always get two error pop up box:
Try configuring the project manually (rather than using a template). It isn't too onerous and you can be sure the setup is correct (templates aren't always up to date).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!