Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Python: Access Archicad custom properties?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Anything new on this? I want to export an excel with selected properties to check against requirements. Last time I checked (> 1 year ago) I was told only built in properties were accessible. I want my properties set under Options > Properties... such as FireRating, SoundRating etc to export to excel...is it working now?

2022-04-13_10-40-04.png

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
poco2013
Mentor

act.UserDefinedPropertyUserId(localizedName: List[str], type: str = 'UserDefined')

OR

acu.GetUserDefinedPropertyId('Group','propertyname ')

Has been available since release 25

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Ah yes thanks. And what about BMat properties? CO2e, density and the likes (when I try to remember correctly it was rather these properties I was after... extracting the wall volume etc...and the CO2e... haven't looked into this for a year...or maybe more...)

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.

FYI: As far as I know, Python scripts do not have the capability to address Building material properties. This is because the return property value function requires a elementId and Building materials are a attribute and are addressed with a attributeId.

However, I have added the capability to my data_access.apx via the CommandHandler function. The Command is 'GetBMAtt'  And the first and only parameter is the name of the Building Material.

I have posted the apx and a sample Python file on my GitHub site -- Release Nine

GitHub site for data_access release AddOn 

If you have any questions or comments , just leave them below.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27