Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Python- Edit Built-In Properties

poco2013
Mentor
I need to edit some Built-In Properties and would like to know which properties are editable and which are not without having to test each beforehand.

The C++ API property definition structure has a attribute 'canValueBeEditable' which indicates this. Is there a similar attribute somewhere in the Python API?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Gerry,

Currently that's not available via JSON/Python API.

We have already added this to our backlog (TECH-16: Get editable information of properties via JSON API), hopefully we can start the implementation soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Gerry,

Currently that's not available via JSON/Python API.

We have already added this to our backlog (TECH-16: Get editable information of properties via JSON API), hopefully we can start the implementation soon.
poco2013
Mentor
Thanks for the reply Tibor: I'm looking forward to it!! Of course, you understand, that as novice uses, as soon as the new release comes out, we'll just come up with a new wish list?

For the future, I'll really like to have the ability to create and modify elements - particularly to create the various label types. As a automation tool, it would be nice to able to automatically (attach) label selected elements based on some criteria and to select/use the appropriate label type.

I really miss the ClickElement and ClickPoint functions in the experimental version. I have used the old CreateText function and that helps, but not as versatile as using a (associative) Label.

I also notice that the Find Navigator functions use a criterion input as a filter. Could this be extended, in the future, for the selection of a element set?

Appreciate the work done to date, hopefully, Graphisoft's new management also appreciates it?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27