BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Python - Listing userID in excel

AustinACD
Participant

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for a bit of help here, I'm using the Room Report Generator as a basis to create as you guessed room reports.  I'll be honest to say I'm good at learning code but I've not used Python before, so it's a steep learning curved.   I've managed to change the 'easy' single cell sections to the user defined properties, but I'm struggling to change the door information.  I would like to list out user properties that are associated to the door, rather than the IDs and Library part name.  (I.e. a user defined Manufacturer and Door Type).

I've been trying to combine the suggestion from here along with the example project, but I can't seem to progress, it'd be great if anyone has any suggestions.

In addition to the above, does the python API allow you to list out Custom Door panels? This is less important but equally great!  

Thank you in advance

Austin

1 REPLY 1
poco2013
Mentor

The present Python API can not read parameters of Library Objects r of which a door is one. However the C++ API can, So Python could read a Doors parameters through a ADD-ON and the commandHandler function. I have created a Add-on for release 26 and windows. and posted the add-on and the Python demo script on GitHub. A demo video is posted on YouTube:

Read Object Parameters in Python 

The GitHub site is listed in the video description. BTW the library parameter name for the custom leaf, if used, is "gs_cust_panel" You could also get this name by using the interactive schedule and use the Library Part Listing (selection).

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!