Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Python - Renovation Status

poco2013
Mentor
One of the biggest problems that I'm running into in working with property automation is the lack of access to the property 'Renovation Status'. I can't find it in the General property list and am wondering if it is listed under another name?

I would like to be able to mass update the status of selected elements based on the phase of a project. I don't want to use C++ or create a new parallel property which would just cause confusion.

Wondering why Renovation Status is not on the list and will it ever be?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is so because the Renovation Filter is not a Property, but a "Category". If you go to Settings Dialogs, you can see that it is not listed under Properties, but is listed higher in the "Classification and Properties" panel, under "ID and Categories", along with categories like "Structural Function" and "Position".

I think Python deals with Properties specifically.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
poco2013
Mentor
LaszloNagy wrote:
I think Python deals with Properties specifically.
Thanks for your reply LASZLO. But now I am Triple confused?

Renovation Status is listed in the Object Settings under the Group RENOVATION and is listed in Schedule under the Group General.

It appears to be a Built-in Property which are definitely accessible but not all are listed as such. Don't know if it is read only. But it is not reachable under the groups of: IdAndCategories, Renovation, or General: unless I'm spelling it wrong? -- Perhaps because it is a singleEnum Built-in?

At any rate the answer seem to be "No" --- Disappointed.
Gerry

Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gerry,

From API point of view the Renovation Status is a Built-in Property.
Currently not all the Built-in Properties are accessible via JSON/Python API. For example the Option Set typed Built-in Properties (which have option set to choose one from) are not available currently. Renovation Status is in that category.
Making all properties available via JSON/Python API is on our short-term backlog, we are already working on it.
poco2013
Mentor
Thanks for the reply TIBOR:

My application is to automate the update of properties -- both custom and some Built-in via a Excel Spreadsheet. But I would like to filter the selection set by Renovation Status, thus the question on that property. Would like to also be able to change the Renovation Status of a selected set based on some phase of the project. Therefore, would like to see Renovation Status as a read/write property -- if possible? I'm already doing something similar with the custom singleEnum of 'Fire Resistance Rating' (GeneralRatings) -- seems to work well.

Looking forward to the next release of Python -- hopefully soon?
Gerry

davidrubio
Contributor

Hello,

Is there any new information on this?

David