BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Python Upgrade

poco2013
Mentor
Graphisoft just release a new version of the Python APi -- version 24.3022. The upgrade fixes a compatibility problem with Python 3.9. However, the documentation was not upgraded. Am I correct in assuming that no new commands were added? There is no documentation after version 24.3004

Also, I should have noticed this earlier, but it appears that the command line was removed from the Python palette from the experimental version.

This makes it difficult to peruse the python environment and perhaps determine the commands and help info there?

Can we get the command line back?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend
Baffled me big as well.
Especially since the big words were "we will deliver a big upgrade in the api with the first update of AC 24"... – well here it is but again nothing else than broken promises.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you guys seen this:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71183

This means the final version of the Update is coming soon, so we will soon see if it includes any updates to Python.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
LaszloNagy wrote:
Have you guys seen this:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71183

This means the final version of the Update is coming soon, so we will soon see if it includes any updates to Python.
Yes, I've seen it, but I can't remember a single time were the preview was significantly different from the final one.
Also I remember the last times well! Polygonal openings or ramps anyone?
So I don't have too much faith left, sadly.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!