BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

!Restored: Upgrade from ArchiCAD 9 to ArchiCAD 11 or 12- which is best?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi friends,

We are using ArchiCAD 9 and we extensively developed an add-on apx to satisfy our company requirements.

We had purchased the ArchiCAD 11 upgrade but not implemented and just received ArchiCAD 12 upgrade. From reading the apx documentation I can see that the apx would have to be adjusted whether we upgrade to V11 or V12 but there is less work in adjusting the apx if we upgrade from V9 to V12 (I am thinking).

Does anyone know of any reasons why it would best to upgrade to V11 first before upgrading to V12?

Thank you for your time and help.

Ranga
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ranga wrote:
Does anyone know of any reasons why it would best to upgrade to V11 first before upgrading to V12?
No!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I found all the examples of ArchiCAD12.0 are developed with Visual C++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005). Is it means do we should be develop our apx in visual studio 2005?

We are using ArchiCAD9.0 and ArchiCAD12.0 at the same time and we developed apx for ArchiCAD9.0 in Visual Studio 2003 and can I add my new ArchiCAD12.0 project to same project and can I develop the apxin Visual studio 2003? And is it going to work in ArchiCAD12.0?

Ranga
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ranga wrote:
I found all the examples of ArchiCAD12.0 are developed with Visual C++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005). Is it means do we should be develop our apx in visual studio 2005?
We are using ArchiCAD9.0 and ArchiCAD12.0 at the same time and we developed apx for ArchiCAD9.0 in Visual Studio 2003 and can I add my new ArchiCAD12.0 project to same project and can I develop the apxin Visual studio 2003? And is it going to work in ArchiCAD12.0?
GS state that you should use Visual Studio 2005 for AC12 and Visual Studio 2003 for earlier versions. I'm taking that approach myself (I now have to use 5 different compiler environments to cover all platforms ), but I can't rule out the possibility that other combinations might work. It might be possible to use 2003 for AC12 or 2005 for pre-AC12 development, but there is an element of risk even if it appears to work at first. I recommend sticking to GS specifications.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Hoa Tu
Newcomer
Hi Ranga,

I have converted all my APIs from ArchiCAD 9.0 to 11.0 and found a few bugs in some API functions which GS said they have been fixed in AC12.

I think it is better to go direct to ArchiCAD 12.

Hoa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

In ArchiCAD 9.0 we used to save other element’s UNID into another element (otherUnid – real number type), but, unfortunately in ArchiCad 12.0 UNID changed to GUID. How do I convert GUID to string or real number such that I can save this number in other object?

Ranga
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ranga wrote:
Hi,

In ArchiCAD 9.0 we used to save other element’s UNID into another element (otherUnid – real number type), but, unfortunately in ArchiCad 12.0 UNID changed to GUID. How do I convert GUID to string or real number such that I can save this number in other object?Ranga
Take a look at the method GS::Guid::ConvertToString
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
is it the upgrade will cause some problems?

the libraries , add-ons, can't be used again-.-
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

When I opened ArchiCAD 9.0 drawing in ArchiCad 12.0, I tried to get element user data (err = ACAPI_Element_Get_UserData ( &element.header, &userData);)

I am getting err = APIERR_NOUSERDATA.

How do I get my element’s user data from ArchiCad 9.0?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry karl,

I can’t delete the post. I found only edit button at the top of my post, which is only allowing me the changes.
Any have I am converting ArchiCAD 9.0 to ArchiCAD 12.0 and while this conversion I try to change my library I got this error.

Ok, can you let me know how to delete this message.
I deleted all the post but, I can’t delete all. May be you have to delete your message first .
Learn and get certified!