Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Running Archicad project in VS C++ Express 2013

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am learning Archicad and trying to open an existing example from API Development Kit in VS Express C++ 2013. I have installed SDK 7.1. in order to 64 development as VS Express doesn't run it by default. I am having trouble to run the example. However, I installed all the necessary components and programs. This error window pops up all the time I try to run. I really have no clue how to make an Archicad sample project run in VS C++ Express 2013. The third line in Russian is translated as: "Impossible to find the designated folder". I copied the API DevKit folder into the VS Express folder, doesn't help. Please, help if someone faced such a problem or does all this stuff.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 must be installed to be able to build example AddOn projects. Newer version of Visual Studio is recommended (there is free version also for VS 2017 as far as I know).

An ARCHICAD Add-On is a special DLL on Windows. So it cannot be run by itself. ARCHICAD (the server application) will load the Add-On into the memory.
So after you built an Add-On, you should copy it into the Add-Ons folder next to the ARCHICAD.exe (please note that the name of the Add-Ons folder can be different based on your localized version of ARCHICAD) or in ARCHICAD you can open the Add-On Manager dialog and load Add-Ons from any location on your computer.
Make sure to run ARCHICAD in demo mode to be able to test the example Add-Ons, because the example Add-Ons don't have valid MDID.

I suggest you to read our blog posts on archicadapi.graphisoft.com site. You can start with this:
http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/life-of-an-archicad-add-on

Regards,
Tibor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 must be installed to be able to build example AddOn projects. Newer version of Visual Studio is recommended (there is free version also for VS 2017 as far as I know).

An ARCHICAD Add-On is a special DLL on Windows. So it cannot be run by itself. ARCHICAD (the server application) will load the Add-On into the memory.
So after you built an Add-On, you should copy it into the Add-Ons folder next to the ARCHICAD.exe (please note that the name of the Add-Ons folder can be different based on your localized version of ARCHICAD) or in ARCHICAD you can open the Add-On Manager dialog and load Add-Ons from any location on your computer.
Make sure to run ARCHICAD in demo mode to be able to test the example Add-Ons, because the example Add-Ons don't have valid MDID.

I suggest you to read our blog posts on archicadapi.graphisoft.com site. You can start with this:
http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/life-of-an-archicad-add-on

Regards,
Tibor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor wrote:
Hi,
https://ccleaner.vip https://www.happywheels.vip/

Regards,
Tibor
thankyou so much