GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Starting to create a simple addon for archiCad

Cosminn
Contributor
Hello everyone - I am new in this departament. I would like to start learning from scratch how to build an an addon for archicad - based on my needs.

I know that I've to apply for API dev Kit - and I'll do it - But what is the next Step?

Is there a Guide - for this? Like the GDL Guide? - I also know that I'll have to use C+ or C++ - Not sure yet.

Any advices - are helpful for me. I also know that this is will require long time ...
Sincerely,
Daniel
2 REPLIES 2
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Cosminn wrote:
Hello everyone - I am new in this departament. I would like to start learning from scratch how to build an an addon for archicad - based on my needs.

I know that I've to apply for API dev Kit - and I'll do it - But what is the next Step?

Is there a Guide - for this? Like the GDL Guide? - I also know that I'll have to use C+ or C++ - Not sure yet.

Any advices - are helpful for me. I also know that this is will require long time ...
Hi and welcome on board!

We have plenty of examples in the development kit; the first step after installation would be to go through those examples.
The API itself work the way ARCHICAD does from the UI, so you can do so much as ARCHICAD itself allows.

Feel free to ask here in the forum if you get stuck.

Best, Akos
Cosminn
Contributor
Thank you Akos

I just purchased for a Developer Kit.

I am sure that I will have questions - and so good to have this forum for Help.

Again,

Thank you
Sincerely,
Daniel