BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

This add-on cannot be validated.Please contact the distrib..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I get this message "This add-on cannot be validated. Please contact the distributor." when I try to add the Dll_test example from APIDevKit_10_22.exe into Archicad 10.

The exaple compiles just fine with VS2003 and I use a student version of Archicad.

Are the example supposed to run directly or must i modify anything first?
The FAQ says something about the MDID but i don't really understand what thats all about.

/Jesper
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Jesper,

That message is normal.

Please read:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2699

Your addons will only run when AC is started in demo mode until you obtain an MDID.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!

I believed that the student version and demo version were the same thing

/Jesper
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting this message on ArchiCAD 10 running on Vista, and it's complaining about the Profiler add-on. Is this a known problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Is there any chance that I should NOT use the Windows Add-On Manager to generate LocalIDs for Mac add-ons?
Because the Add-On Manager on my Mac does not start and I generate the LocalIDs with the Windows one located in devkit\Support\Tools\Win\AddOn Management and after generating a dozen of IDs I still receive "This add-on cannot be validated. Please contact the distributor." One of these IDs is working in one of my addons but I need another ID for my other addon and all of them seem to be invalid.
I have a valid DEVELOPER ID and AUTHORIZATION KEY from Graphisoft.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This system seem to be very picky about valid numbers. I ussualy struggle with it as well.
Have you tried retyping Dev ID and LocalID instead of copy paste? In some cases it seem to make diffrence for ID generator.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I always type the IDs now I will try the same with the dev ID. So I am not alone in this and I should continue fighting and trying new IDs
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
n.mihaylov wrote:
Hi guys,

Is there any chance that I should NOT use the Windows Add-On Manager to generate LocalIDs for Mac add-ons?
Because the Add-On Manager on my Mac does not start and I generate the LocalIDs with the Windows one located in devkit\Support\Tools\Win\AddOn Management and after generating a dozen of IDs I still receive "This add-on cannot be validated. Please contact the distributor." One of these IDs is working in one of my addons but I need another ID for my other addon and all of them seem to be invalid.
I have a valid DEVELOPER ID and AUTHORIZATION KEY from Graphisoft.
They are file compatible, so you are safe to use the Windows version, just transfer and open the XML file created on Mac.

Could you please send me the Mac crash report?

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Akos wrote:

Best, Akos
Hi Akos,

I am new to Mac but I think this is it.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
n.mihaylov wrote:
Akos wrote:

Best, Akos
Hi Akos,

I am new to Mac but I think this is it.
Yeah, that's the one. Two ways to solve this:
1. Copy the "Geometry.framework" from the Support/Frameworks folder to Support/Tools/OSX/Support. After that it still may crash, but if you take a look at the crash report, you'll find lines like:
Library not loaded: @rpath/Geometry.framework/Versions/A/Geometry
Keep copying those frameworks what you see there.

2. The programmer's way: create a new symbolic link to Support/Frameworks folder instead of copying the frameworks.
Open a new Terminal window, then change the directory to the folder containing AddOnAdmin:

cd Support/Tools/OSX/
rm -rf Support
ln -s ../../Frameworks Support
Learn and get certified!