Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Translate API from 24 to 25: unresolved external symbol

MudratDetector
Enthusiast

Hello to all - -

I was able to add an include directory to this project and get the missing file [rs.hpp] to become available for the project.  Looking in rs.hpp I am finding a few definitions for RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter and single definitions for RSInitModuleImageCache and for RSRemoveModuleImageCache.  However, they do not seem to be adequate and I am receiving "unresolved external symbol" error when trying to build.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks - Chris

1>JHP_BIMcoord.cpp
1>   Creating library Build\x64\Release\JHP_BIMcoord.lib and object Build\x64\Release\JHP_BIMcoord.exp
1>JHP_BIMcoord.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) bool __cdecl RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter(char const *,unsigned int,class GS::UniString *,int,int,__int64,enum ResStringType)" (__imp_?RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter@@YA_NPEBDIPEAVUniString@GS@@HH_JW4ResStringType@@@Z) referenced in function CheckEnvironment
1>ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib_.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) bool __cdecl RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter(char const *,unsigned int,char *,int,int,__int64,enum ResStringType)" (__imp_?RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter@@YA_NPEBDIPEADHH_JW4ResStringType@@@Z) referenced in function ACAPI_Resource_GetFixStr
1>ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib_.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) bool __cdecl RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter(char const *,unsigned int,unsigned short *,int,int,__int64,enum ResStringType)" (__imp_?RSGetIndString_ParamAdapter@@YA_NPEBDIPEAGHH_JW4ResStringType@@@Z) referenced in function ACAPI_Resource_GetLocUStr
1>ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib_.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) __int64 __cdecl RSInitModuleImageCache(__int64)" (__imp_?RSInitModuleImageCache@@YA_J_J@Z) referenced in function "bool __cdecl DllInit(struct DllMainImp_InitContext const *)" (?DllInit@@YA_NPEBUDllMainImp_InitContext@@@Z)
1>ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib_.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void __cdecl RSRemoveModuleImageCache(__int64)" (__imp_?RSRemoveModuleImageCache@@YAX_J@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl CloseOwnResFile(void)" (?CloseOwnResFile@@YAXXZ)
1>Build\x64\Release\JHP_BIMcoord.apx : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Chris Gilmer
Intel i9-12950HX CPU @ 2.30GHz, 16 cores
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
48.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Chris,

There is a new module named "RS" in the AC25 Development Kit where those functions reside, so please add that library to the linked libraries in the project.

Best, Akos

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Chris,

There is a new module named "RS" in the AC25 Development Kit where those functions reside, so please add that library to the linked libraries in the project.

Best, Akos

MudratDetector
Enthusiast

Thanks so much Akos.  I am still new enough to C++ and the AC API, that I am only starting to understand a difference between edits to source code and configuration of the compiler, and what triggers each as a solution.
 - at least it is a bit easier than strings.  🙂

Have a great day and thanks again!

chris

Chris Gilmer
Intel i9-12950HX CPU @ 2.30GHz, 16 cores
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
48.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit